Monday, August 20, 2007

Victoria Falls

I thought we were treated really well at Hwange Safari Lodge but I have never stayed in a place like the Victoria Falls Hotel … this place does not hold back on indulging their guests. Imagine waking up to the sound of a light knock on your door, “room service” you hear the man announce quietly as you slip on your soft, white bath robe. You answer the door to and allow the attendant to enter with your complimentary freshly brewed morning tea and coffee with shortbread. WOW, I never get this type of service at home and I could never imagine Jodi waking up early to prepare a nice coffee for me whilst in bed … oh well, the joys of holidays I suppose. After our tea and coffee we would get ready and be treated to a decedent buffet breakfast overlooking the Zambezi river … I have to admit it was REAL hard waking up each morning ;0).

We had an absolute blast exploring the falls and seeing some pretty cool stuff. Jodi and I got to hold a baby croc and we all saw elephant swimming in the Zambezi river on our sunset cruise. This time away was really nice and relaxing … I hope mum and dad come back next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys

Beautiful pictures! What a gorgeous sunset! Harry, love your blogs, keep up the good work. (when you have power that is....)
Missing you all terribly, and can't wait for Christmas to see you again,
Love Rob, Lorissa and the boys

Anonymous said...

People should read this.