Monday, September 03, 2007

Save the best until last …

Gabi is going great guns … since my last blog on Gabi she has come ahead leaps and bounds. Gabi is beefing up (putting on weight) and the amount of smiles and laughs we get from her are countless. She is picking up on things so fast (Jodi now has to watch what she says) and I have been able to teach her some Aussie lingo which is mandatory for when she heads back to meet everyone in OZ (e.g. G’day mate). Just the other week we celebrated her 2nd birthday and she had an absolute BLAST. She had her first birthday party ever and she didn’t know what to do … she was puzzled to why people were giving her things that were wrapped in paper and she had to go through the rigmarole of having to unwrap them whilst they stood and watched. I have to admit … I have heard others talk about the “terrible two’s”, but boy does it hit with a big BANG. Gabi definitely has an attitude (I am sure she has picked this up from Jodi) and enjoys expressing her own opinion (another trait of Jodi … I am sure all of you who know Jodi know what I am talking about) and is quite adamant when she says “no” (yes another one of Jodi’s influences). Ohh well, you take the good with the bad … she has definitely been a blessing to both Jodi and I and we are both extremely grateful and thankful that we have the privilege of loving and caring for her. She is such a little cutie.

No comments: