Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Day Sixteen & Seventeen (Weekend # 3)


Wow ... what a busy weekend. They were long jam packed days. On Friday night ... or should I say Saturday morning the kiddies didn’t get to sleep until 2am, then they were awake again and running around the camp grounds at about 5.30am. This did not really leave much sleeping time for us leaders. The children though had a really good time, eating lots, playing games and learning more about God. On Saturday evening a couple of the groups wanted to do a couple of skits ... we thought that it would take only 2 or 3 minutes, but after 25 scenes and 45 minutes later the first skit finished and we still had another one to go ... it didn’t matter though because the other kiddies were laughing and really enjoying what was being presented.

Before we knew it the weekend was over and we all headed back home on the Sunday afternoon. We came back to the western suburbs to find out that a football match had just finished. People and cars were hoarding the streets; there was hardly any room to move. Driving through this traffic was like nothing I have ever experienced before in my life. I was given one road rule ... there are no rules. I am glad I was given that rule ... the people in the other cars were absolutely ruthless. But we made it though, even though I have a few more grey hairs there were no other damages.

Well I must be off now ... we shall blog again soon.

No comments: